If the captioning feature is not working properly, please follow the following steps:
If that does not work, try the following:
1. Open the QuickTime Updator. This can be done from the QuickTime plugin or the Start Menu.
2. Press the 'Custom' Button on the lower left.
3. A list of things that can be installed will appear. The third one from the top says "QuickTime Still Image". Check the box next to that text.
4. Press the "Update Now" button.
5. If you are asked to agree to the licenses you will need to say "Yes" for the software to install. There are other componenets that QuickTime Still Image needs to work, but they will be auto-installed if you don't already have them. The most notable prerequisite is that the Updator Component must be to latest before you can complete the above steps. But as I said, it will auto-install and should only stop to ask you to agree to an update.